A financial advisor is important for anyone that is planning to make any major changes to their financial expenditure or circumstances.
If you are planning to put aside some savings, purchase a home, pay for your children’s college tuition, or make any other major purchase, then a financial advisor can help you to make wise decisions regarding your finances.
Similarly, if you have experienced any major financial setbacks, then a financial advisor can help you to mitigate any risks and improve your finances.
However, there are many financial advisors in Singapore, so how do you choose the best one?
In this blog, we have highlighted why you should get a financial advisor, and listed 5 of the best financial advisors in Singapore.
Should You Get a Financial Advisor?
If you’re at the stage in your life where you will need to make some major financial decisions, then it is easy to be swayed by spur-of-the-moment decisions, or compelling adverts. A financial advisor can help you cut through the noise and plan ahead for the future.
Statistics show that 90% of people who see a financial adviser regularly, said that the advice has benefited them and helped them to make good financial decisions.
The best financial advisors can help you to improve your financial stability and build wealth for yourself and your family.
The Best Financial Advisors in Singapore in 2022
1. Louis Koay
Of course, we would say that we are the best! But we’re not trying to boast, our track record speaks for itself. I’m a CFA charterholder as well as a Certified Financial Planner who has serviced more than 2,500 clients and has an asset advisory worth more than $40 million. Over the years, I trained more than 20,000 retail investors in personal finance planning and stocks, and you can find more about my story on our About page.
We help people with insurance planning, personal portfolio reviews, and investment. We also aim to help people manage their money better and become more financially savvy. So do check out our latest webinars by clicking on the link.
- Portfolio planning: Access comprehensive and holistic financial planning advice to achieve financial freedom.
- Financial protection: Maximize your coverage and insurance premiums to protect your wealth and earning power.
- Trading advice: Start trading and open an account immediately with the trusted step-by-step advice by Louis Koay.
2. Legacy FA
Legacy FA provides financial advisory services to individuals and businesses in the areas of investment, retirement, insurance, and corporate pensions. It also advises customers about general insurance, group employee benefits, and business continuation.
In addition to helping clients to improve their financial stability and protect their finances, it helps clients in mortgage refinancing and estate distribution.
- Financial Services: Legacy brings people a range of financial services and products to help clients with evolving life or business needs.
- Income Protection: It helps clients that have been affected by catastrophic life events.
- Commercial Business Insurance: Legacy help protect businesses from liability, theft and fire
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Personal Financial Planning
- Business Financial Planning
Synergy are financial advisors that offer clients customized solutions from a selected list of approved products from life insurance products and investment funds.
They offer a mixture of personal and corporate solutions on a variety of topics such as insurance, investment, business funding, and business protection.
- Insurance solutions: They help clients to select good insurance plans for their families.
- Investment Solutions: Synergy also helps clients to make the most out of their money through investment.
- Business insurance: Businesses can also get insurance plans to protect their company and employees.
- High Net Worth
- General Insurance
4. Expat Advisory Group
Expat Advisory Group has over 35 years of experience and has served thousands of clients.
They offer customized solutions and provide clients with help and financial advice on investment planning, wealth management, and mortgages for local and international clients.
- Wealth Management: Their wealth management solutions include advice on asset allocation, proactive portfolio analysis, and rebalancing.
- Pension planning: Clients can benefit from specialist retirement planning.
- Insurance: Expat Advisory Group can help clients to access the most cost-effective insurance plans.
- Multi-Currency Wealth Management
- Retirement Planning & Pension Transfers
- University Fee Planning
- International and Multi-Currency Mortgages
- Legacy Planning, Trusts & Wills
- Tax Efficiency
- Business Owners Solutions
- Life and Health Insurance
5. Ray Alliance
Ray Alliance helps people with financial planning and provides clients with the tools and strategies to be successful.
It helps clients to grow their wealth and achieve financial success, by formulating customized financial plans that make it possible for clients to obtain their goals.
- Expert Financial Advice: Clients can receive financial advice on a variety of topics such as investments, retirement planning, insurance, and tax.
- Multi-Country Services: Ian Pryor has expertise in UK tax planning solutions, multi-country investments for US Non-Residents, and multi-currency wealth management.
- Highly Qualified Finance Specialists: Ian Pryor is highly qualified in economics, capital markets, asset management, wealth management, and more.
- Life Insurance
- General Insurance
- Employee Benefits
The above list is just a selection of financial advisors that I personally find useful. However, there is definitely more that you can look into.
How to Choose The Best Advisor in Singapore
With so many advisors to choose from, how do you choose the best financial advisor in Singapore? There are a few things to consider before you part with your money. We discuss this below:
Although all financial advisors claim to offer a great service, it is important to look for an advisor that has the best reputation. For example, how many clients have they served? What are their reviews like?
A financial advisor that has served thousands of clients, with lots of great reviews is likely to be a much safer bet than one that does not have as much of a track record.
For example, at Louis Koay, we have served thousands of clients over the years. We have several different reviews on our website from customers that were pleased with our services.
These are the kind of details you should definitely pay attention to when searching for a financial advisor.
#2. Services You Need
You should also look for a financial advisor that covers the specific services you need.
For example, if you are looking for trading advice, then ensure that the financial advisor you choose has expertise in this area.
Testimonials help to establish the credibility and reliability of an organization. If an advisor has many testimonials from a diverse range of clients, this highlights how diverse and versatile the company is.
Companies will always portray themselves in the best possible light, but a client testimonial can give you much more insight into the level of customer satisfaction there is.
Looking for the Best Financial Advisor in Singapore?
We believe we are the BEST financial advisors in Singapore. But you don’t have to take our word for it. Our customers think so too. All you have to do is read the many reviews, feedback, and testimonials we have received from thousands of clients over the years. Many of the reviews can be found on our website.
We also offer a good mix of financial solutions which cover most of the common services that customers look for, such as insurance, investment, portfolio advice, and trading. We are passionate about helping customers improve their financial education and hold regular webinars to help customers with a range of financial topics.